So recently i have been trying to perfect a new flavour to my range after many customer requests.
Its a very unique flavour with a kick! …. Yes its Matcha Tea.
It was a trial and error recipe for me at the start, adding the powered Matcha to the original recipe dried the cake out, so i decided to use a new technique using whipped egg whites to achieve fluffiness. This worked a treat! Its important to get the ratio of Matcha correct as too much Matcha will give you a kick at the back of the throat and not even will just end up flavourless!
The great thing about Matcha tea is its scientifically proven benefits,some of these being:
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
For any of you who have tried it as a tea what are your thoughts? Many of you have said its difficult to drink. How many things can you name that are amazing for you and taste great? Not many! but having all of the above being made into a cupcake you cannot go wrong!
I’m always looking to improve my recipes ( there is always room for improvement) if anyone has any recommendations just let me know. Herbal tea is big at the moment and if there is any popular teas that you think may work get in touch we would love to know your thoughts!